Hey everyone, I know it’s unusual for me to do posts two days in a row but this is a special one (plus I got my new PC which makes blogging just that little bit easier!) Last night I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by the amazing blogger Amy from Dancingindior!
Thanks for nominating me Amy – I’m so happy that you of all the bloggers I follow nominated me because I LOVE your blog! It’s so friendly, inspiring and inviting and makes me push myself to become an even better blogger 🙂 If you haven’t already definitely check her out!
Anyways, here’s how it works…
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions they have set you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate ten people
Amy’s questions to me were:
1.Favourite budget beauty brand?
My fave budget beauty brand is probably Seventeen which is available in Boots! I find that no matter which of their products I’ve tried, they all exceed my expectations. I especially love their nude lipstick as it’s really creamy and easy to apply and such a beautiful colour 🙂 (This is on my list of products to review!)
2.Red eyeshadow – Yay or nay?
I’m probably going to say yes – but only if it’s used as a crease colour! I love using vibrant colours to add a pop of fun to an otherwise safe or simple look, however I think red eye shadow all over would be too much.
3. Are you a MAC fan? Or can you do without?
I’m definitely a fan of MAC products but not such a fan of the price 😦 I absolutely adore my Studio Finish MAC foundation and powder as they last on the face for hours and their range of lipsticks is amazing. I save my MAC goodies for special occasions though, as I don’t want to run out too quickly!
4.Who is your favourite YouTube BBlogger?
It’s really hard to pick a favourite BBlogger as I love and follow so many! For now my favourite is probably Becca Rose though as I love her fun personality and can literally watch her vids for hours – definitely check her out if you haven’t already 🙂 If you want to know more about my other faves check out my recent post on them all here…
5. If you could only do one for the rest of your life, would it be eyes or lips?
That’s easy – eyes! I was always told when I was growing up that if you can’t do anything else do your eyes as they grab attention and I’ve stuck to that as my life motto. You can have the most fun doing eyes as well as the potential looks are limitless!
6. Favourite Foundation?
I know I’ve said it already but it would probably have to be my MAC studio fix!
7. Who would your makeup idol be?
This is a tricky one! I guess one of my first idols in general based on their appearance (and their demeanour) is probably Lauren Conrad. I love how she always looks so effortlessly gorgeous no matter what the occasion and I definitely have major hair envy.
8. What is your best beauty/skin care tip or trick?
Always take your make up off before bed! Even if you are sleepy or drunk please just take it off girls! Nothing will age you faster or damage your skin more than sleeping in a dirty face of makeup. That and using Sudocrem on blemishes J
9. Favourite season for makeup looks? S/S or A/W?
I like all seasons to be honest, but I guess I would go with A/W more as my favourite shades are definitely browns, golds and greys which work so well in Autumn/Winter, especially with heeled boots and a big hat and coat!
10. What is the biggest faux pass when it comes to makeup in your opinion?
It has to be when people don’t properly blend foundation. When I was younger I was in a few pantomimes and as anyone who has ever done anything on the stage will know, the make up is heavy and dramatic! I think that my background in performing through years of gymnastics and a bit of dancing really prompted my love of make up, especially when it’s dramatic! Anyways, (I go off topic so easily, sorry!) because the foundation you use on stage is so dark it’s really important that you blend it well so here is where I learnt to blend your foundation all the way down your neck and up onto your ears, so this is what I recommend to everyone, because having a foundation mask is never ever okay!
11. Dramatic black smokey eyes – Yay or nay?
Always yay of course! I don’t think smokey eyes are ever too much day or night and I do a less dramatic version most days 😀 Just pick the right colours and match with the rest of your look! Plus they’ll never be out of fashion 🙂
Okay so my questions are:
1. If you could only use one make up product for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
2. What’s your favourite mascara?
3. What made you start a blog?
4. What’s your favourite ever product?
5. Do you prefer high end or budget brands and why?
6. What is your night time/evening skin care routine?
7. How long does it take you to get ready on an average day?
8. Who is your style crush?
9. What got you interested in make up, fashion and beauty?
10. Outlandish lip stick colours (greens, blues, purples etc) are they okay?
And I nominate…
Hope you liked my answers! If you have any more questions for me then let me know in the comments below 😀
Lots of love, Leanne xx