Hey blog fans,
I’ve been nominated for another award, can you believe it?! This time it’s the Liebster award which is so special as this award is designed to celebrate new bloggers. It’s great to be nominated for an award as it really brings me confidence that Lifestyle for Less is going well, but also being nominated and nominating other blogs is great exposure as some of my favourite new blogs have been found thanks to scrolling through blog award nominations 🙂
So before I get started, I want to say thanks to Amy from Dancing in Dior for nominating me! Definitely check it out if you haven’t already 🙂 She blogs about fashion and beauty and has an amazing style of writing which is so approachable and fun and is an absolute must to check out!
Anyway, that’s enough from me as an intro – so now time to answer some questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
I’d been thinking about doing it for a while actually! I subscribe to so many blogs and vlogs and yet none were exactly what I wanted to read. I love blogs about fashion and beauty and yet all of the blogs I watched seemed to contain so many expensive products that I just couldn’t justify purchasing, so I thought why not do it myself? And then, Lifestyle for Less was born and I wouldn’t take it back as I’m having so much fun writing!
- Funky, coloured clothing or simple, modest colours?
This is a tough question! People often comment on the amount of colour that I wear, however I really like muted pastels and of course black and white. Some of the favourite items of clothing that I own are in simpler colours, but I also love brighter pieces to jazz them up a bit, so I really can’t decide!
- What would you like/did you study in college/university?
I didn’t go to Uni because I really want to be a Manager or Director in the future, so I thought I would get a full time job and work my way up from the bottom. If I was to go to Uni though, I would probably want to get a degree in Social Media in Business or Business Management as both are topics I find really interesting and would love to study 🙂
- Favourite movie?
Too hard to pick just one! My equal favourites are Mean Girls, Shawshank Redemption and Moulin Rouge.
- Where do you consider your ‘quiet’ place, where you can relax or reflect?
I don’t think I really have one. It’s not often I need quiet time, because I’m a pretty hyper and full on person. However, I do like to do yoga, so if I needed some thinking space, I would definitely go to yoga and find some peace.
- If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would have to pick Marilyn Monroe. I think that she is a role model for so many women due to the confidence she exuded, however, she was also quite complicated and I think deeper that she appeared to the media, so I’d love to pick her brains on both her style/fashion and her outlook on life.
- If you were to “live” a TV show, which would it be? I.e, your life is actually what plays out in the show.
This is such a stupid answer, but probably Made in Chelsea! I love this show and think that Chelsea is such a beautiful part of London (plus they travel all of the time) so would love to be in this. (Hope this is what you meant)
- Would you ever consider making YouTube videos? If you already have, post your links! If not, why not?
Absolutely! I’m hoping that by the end of September I will have uploaded my first video, but it’s just about finding the time to do it 🙂
- Would you rather have a best friend that lives far away, or just a few acquaintances that live nearby?
Definitely a best friend that lives far away. Distance doesn’t mean anything especially with tools like Whatsapp and Skype around, so it would be like they weren’t far away at all.
10. Phone calls or texts?
Texts, I hate speaking on the phone unless it’s for work!
11. What is your dream Vacation?
I want to go to Bora Bora! It’s really beautiful, the seas are crystal clear and the accommodation I’ve looked at has glass floors so you can see the sea in all of the rooms. It’s really expensive though 😦
So, now I’ve been nominated it’s time for me to do the nominating!
I would like to nominate (and I apologise if any of the people I’ve nominated have already been nominated or answered):
Beck in a Blog as I love her style of writing and her content is always amazing (plus I have no idea how she manages to post so often)
Sarah Loves Makeup as her posts are really informative yet easy to read, and her pictures are so lovely. Her blog also looks really clean and fresh which I love!
And Herbamum as I came across her blog quite recently and really like it! The posts are really varied,interesting and detailed as well as easy to read and really fun.
Definitely check all of these amazing bloggers out if you haven’t already. Let me know in the comments below who your fave bloggers are, as I’m always looking for more blogs to check out and follow 🙂
My questions are:
1. What is your most recent purchase?
2. What is your favourite clothing store and why?
3. Would you rather spend more on 1 product or less on several products?
4. Real flowers or artificial ones and why?
5. What is your favourite perfume?
6. Do you prefer a full face of make up or no make up at all?
7. What is your favourite colour and is it also your favourite colour to wear? (For example, my favourite colour is pink, but my favourite colour to wear is probably black)
8. Bright colours or neutrals?
9. Do you always wear accessories with an outfit and how important do you think they are?
10. Is it more important to be fit and healthy or happy?
11. What made you start writing a blog?
Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you are enjoying these posts as I love writing them 🙂 Please like, share and comment if you enjoyed it and don’t forget to let me know who your favourite bloggers are!
Lots of love, Leanne xx