So it’s that time of year again! That’s right it’s fashion week time! I’ve been following New York Fashion week pretty closely this year, so thought I would do a run down of some of my fave collections and lines that I’ve seen so far!
- Military inspired
- Cinched waists
- Darker hues (lots of navy and khaki)
- Elegant yet wearable daily
- Collection is called Glam Safari (says it all really)
- Super chic outfits in khaki, yellow, nude and camel tones
- Mixture of clean lines and girly styles
- Perfect for day time and evening wear (especially the tulle skirts which I have been obsessed with since Olivia Palermo wore won on her wedding day!)
- Tailored yet flirty
- Lots of pastels and sixties inspired lines
- Powerful yet pretty pieces
- Not a brand I’ve heard of before, but they have turned out to have one of my favourite collections of NYFW!
Bold colours and strong distinct lines
- Super tailored palazzo pants and culottes in bold colours teamed with crisp whites
- Also featured tulle dresses in light shades with an ethereal vibe
- Something for everyone!
- Minimal yet highly sculpted
- Simple colours in interesting shapes
- Crisp looks
- Good mix between oversized chic and fitted looks, often working together to create one cohesive look!
Diane von Furstenberg
- Very flirty and girly collection
- Strong floral prints and bold colours
- Sixties and seventies influences
- Clueless inspired at times with cute matching co-ords and flirty tea dresses
The Spring NYFW has been amazing and I cannot wait for some of these trends to hit the high street with their replicas. I know that I am a budget beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger but I still love watching and taking note from fashion week (eventhough I could never spend that much on clothes!) to see what is likely to be hot and hitting the shops soon! I like seeing how looks are put together and also to see if there is anything that I have in my wardrobe which I might be able to recycle to replicate the looks I see on the catwalk 🙂
From military style, super structured looks with an almost androgynous foundation on one end to ethereal and full on feminine hems and silhouettes on the other there is almost certainly going to be something for everyone and I for one cannot wait! I love all ends of this seasons fashion scale as I am a huge fan of bold colours and structured looks (culottes are one of my new favourite things) but on the other hand I am a real girly girl so pastel shades and full midi skirts are right up my street too (even if I am usually too short to pull off these looks!)
What do you think of the looks from this NYFW? What do you think is going to be a hit and what do you think we could do without?
Can’t wait to hear what you all think! Hope you enjoyed this post and that it’s given you some inspiration for the seasons to come! Don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe if you enjoyed this or any of my other posts 🙂
Lots of love, Leanne xx