Hey everyone, can you believe it’s November already? October went by in a blur full of birthdays, parties and just general fun but that obviously came at a cost, most of which have been burdened by my body, especially because when I wasn’t having loads of fun I couldnt go to the gym because of my foot which is believed to be fractured!
I feel out of shape, heavier than I have in a while, self conscious about my skin and more lethargic which along with the clocks changing leads to just general misery. Instead of just complaining about it though like I would have done previously I have decided to suck it up and make some changes. Obviously too much fun takes a toll, but I believe it is probably pretty easy to undo the damage with a little bit of hard work, which is why I have decided to start “No Shit November!”
A month of being good as a post Birthday, pre Christmas detox to keep me feeling confident and healthy!
I’ll be partaking in this regardless, but obviously if any of you also want to get involved that would be great! We can share our stories and keep each other motivated every step of the way and hopefully also develop some long lasting habits too 🙂
So what does No Shit November actually involve? For me it’s all about trying to be better. Whether that is clean eating, more exercise or just generally cutting the nonsense which I convince myself is okay:
- Reduce intake of processed meats and stick to lean meats and fish
- Minimal carbs at dinner time (try to eat carbs only at breakfast and lunch)
- Only drink water or sugar free squash. No fruit juices, fizzy drinks or alcohol!
- Increase activity levels and aim to get back to the gym regularly
- Proper skin care including cleansing, toning and moisturising (which I haven’t been doing as much recently!)
- Making time to chill either with activity which requires less brainpower such as drawing, reading or yoga
- Try new things be it activity, food etc to make sure mental wellbeing is as important as physical
- Get into a regular sleep/wake pattern and stop snoozing my alarm!
I’ll post my updates, measurements etc as regularly as possible and also aim to take a daily selfie of face and body to try to put together a before and after vid for the month 🙂
Yup, this is where I’m at right now
So even if you don’t want to take part, stay tuned for all my updates (good and bad as I’m not afraid to hold my hands up when things don’t go to plan) and send me your positive thoughts!
Lots of daily updates will be coming mostly through my Twitter and Instagram feeds so make sure you follow me there if you don’t already 🙂
Lots of love, Leanne xx